We are seeking an inspiring leader of maths, with a passion for the subject to join our team of talented staff.
Ormiston Sudbury Academy is a “good school” (Ofsted 2014), well on its way to being outstanding. We encourage all students to be the best that they can be, seeing each individual as unique, with their own strengths and areas to improve. Our students enjoy their lessons, they are inspired to be inquisitive about their learning; staff provide each one of them with personalised academic challenge that enables them to realise their potential.
Achievement in maths has risen across both KS4 and KS5 to meet national averages, within the faculty “…teachers use their strong subject knowledge well to promote secure progress in all year groups…” (Ofsted)
The ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a strong record of achieving good outcomes and a clear commitment to helping students reach their full potential
- have the capacity and capability to manage the job description attached
- possess a high level of professionalism
- have a desire to develop excellence and be an outstanding leader
- be a committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- share the Principal’s vision to offer an uncompromising exceptional education for all students on a day to day basis
We can offer you:
- an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development
- a happy and supportive work environment, with high expectations of staff and students
We welcome applications from any high performing, passionate, qualified teachers with middle leadership experience looking for a fresh challenge and/or career progression.
Applications should be posted directly to the Data Manager, Kirsty Phillips email@example.com
For further information
Kirsty Phillips (Data Manager), 01787 375131, firstname.lastname@example.org Caroline Wilson, (Principal), 01787 375131 email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 12noon on Wednesday 17th January 2018
Interviews will take place: Friday 26th January 2018
Ormiston Trust is fast becoming one of the largest sponsors of academies in the country. It established Ormiston Academies Trust to manage the transformation of learning and improve performance in its academies. Ormiston Academies are encouraged to collaborate and share best practice. This process has been successful in ensuring rapid and quality-driven improvements for the entire family of Ormiston Academies. The Trust is an ethical sponsor, committed to improving the life chances of children and young people.
Ormiston Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check, and confirmation of employment is subject to this. As part of Ormiston Academies Trust we adhere to the Equality Act 2010.