Director of Mathematics An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic and ambitious Director of Maths to join a highly committed Maths team.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Maths teacher, who is most likely to already hold responsibilities in Maths. Most importantly, we will require our future Director of Maths to thrive in leading and shaping the future of Maths in our school. In turn, your further career progression would be fully supported.
Haileybury Turnford is an 11 to 19 mixed comprehensive; we have been sponsored by Haileybury, a co-educational independent school, since September 2015. We are yet to have our first Ofsted inspection as a sponsored academy.
- An opportunity to make a real difference for our students in Maths including at A Level
- An opportunity to further develop and grow a highly committed Maths staff team
- Committed and supportive middle and senior leadership teams
- Opportunities for innovative Maths collaboration with our sponsor and Matrix Essex and Herts Maths Hub
- Professional development opportunities
We are looking for excellent teachers who:
- Have a passion for teaching and learning in Maths
- Understand the needs of students and how to remove learning barriers
- Are inspirational, innovative and creative leaders
- Have a proven track record of raising standards in Maths
- Understand the use of high quality self-evaluation and CPD
- Wish to be part of the school’s Extended Senior Leadership Team
This role requires the successful candidate to:
- Lead the future development of Maths in the school
- Have an understanding of effective strategies to further improve the quality of teaching and learning, and student outcomes in Maths
- Have the ability to analyse data and produce strategies for improvement in Maths
- Lead and line manage a team of Maths staff
- Work collaboratively with the SENCO to improve teaching and learning for students with special educational needs
- Work closely with the Directors of English and Science, Faculty Leaders and Subject Leaders to raise standards across the school
- Contribute effectively to the school’s Extended Senior Leadership Team
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 21st May.
Applications would be welcomed before the deadline.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted late afternoon or early evening on Monday 21st May to be invited to interview. Interviews are likely to take place for shortlisted candidates on Thursday 24th May.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. Haileybury Turnford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to employments checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. If you have the qualities we are seeking, please apply to email@example.com with a covering letter no more than two pages, and a completed application form.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Lisa Nethercott for an appointment to visit us. We look forward to meeting you soon.
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
Hertfordshire EN8 0JU