James Calvert Spence College is situated in a beautiful coastal town in Northumberland and is a 9-19 through school, catering for students from Year 5 to Year 13.
An exciting opportunity has become available to lead a key department within this unique and improving school, which is earmarked to benefit from a multi-million pound capital investment to provide modern educational facilities for its community by 2021.
The Director of mathematics works alongside five other colleagues at this level, holding a senior leadership position within James Calvert Spence College and is responsible for the quality of provision, and outcomes, at secondary level. Due to our unique age range, the person in post can also advise and mould our students’ provision through years 5 and 6, so there is a truly seamless transition between KS2 and KS3.
You will use your accrued knowledge and leadership skills to ensure that all students receive the very best education and experience a seamless transition between year groups and phases.
This is an exciting time to join us as we continue our journey towards excellence. We have a fully staffed department of maths specialists and results are improving year on year, with GCSE results close to national averages and A-level maths pass rate at 100% A*-C for the past two years.
Staff and governors are fully committed to promoting equal opportunity and an outstanding educational experience for all students.
• Be a strong classroom practitioner, keen use your experience and skills to develop members of your team
• Be a positive role model
• Have high expectations of yourself and others
• Be someone with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students
We can offer you:
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a bespoke development programme appropriate to your needs
• Unique opportunities to extend your experience, working across the federation
• Hardworking and dedicated staff who will go that extra mile to ensure our students get the very best possible education
• Well behaved pupils who are willing to learn
Should you wish to informally discuss these positions further or would like to visit the college, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson (01665 710636, Ext 204, firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Monday 20 May, with interviews on Wednesday 22 May