Due to the relocation of the current postholder, we are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic Director of Maths to lead the Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich towards excellence. You will have excellent opportunities to engage in wider Harris Federation Academy improvement and professional development activities.
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.76, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of success in raising standards and in innovation.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
- To provide leadership, innovation and direction in Mathematics Learning and Teaching and Cross-Curricular Maths and maintaining Academic Excellence.
- To lead all staff within the Mathematics Faculty in delivering our vision of an outstanding, inclusive Academy with the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Pupil Progress.
- To develop a safe, secure and healthy environment within the Department to enable staff and students to enjoy Learning.
- To collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team in the implementation and delivery of the Academy’s specialisms by developing a powerful cross curricular and extra-curricular Sports & Enterprise ethos that builds motivation and commitment to learning.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- A school in the top 5% in England and Wales, and the number seven boys' comprehensive school, for student progress
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For more information, please contact the school on 020 8299 5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.