SoH 11-18. Co-educational Boarding and Day School.
CReSTeD (DU) registered.
Bethany is a vibrant, forward-looking School with a particular friendly and supportive staff and pupil Community. Staff are expected to be in sympathy with the Christian faith which underpins the community and to contribute to the wider life of School.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for Music to bring new ideas and take a lead in determining the future plans of this well-established and friendly department. The teacher appointed will be expected to teach Music in all Key Stages.
This is a most exciting time to join Bethany as we have started preliminary planning for a state of the art Digital Performing Arts Centre. This purpose built innovative building will become the centre for Music, Drama, Dance, Animation and Radio and the successful candidate will play a central role in ensuring that the Music elements of this building reflect the highest standards of current best practice from both acoustic and electronic perspectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- A real passion and enthusiasm for igniting within in each pupil a love and respect for Music;
- A commitment to developing the skills of all students and their enjoyment of Music regardless of ability;
- Leading the delivery of Music within the curriculum throughout the school, revising and developing schemes of work regularly with the Director of Performing Arts;
- Keeping abreast of new techniques and developments within the subject;
- “Talent Spotting” and the provision of opportunities for all pupils, absolutely regardless of ability;
- The encouragement and support of the ablest instrumental players so that they are able to perform at the highest level;
- Maintaining and further developing links with local primary/ preparatory schools and the community.
Details of the post, including the job application form, can be obtained on the School website under the ‘About Bethany’ Section or from email@example.com The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 22 June 2017 and interviews are expected to be held the following week.
Bethany School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The appointment will be made without regard to gender, age or ethnic origin. Bethany School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.