As a 7-18 State Boarding School we seek an outstanding candidate for the position of Director of Music. Music as a subject has developed greatly within the school in recent years, making GCSE Music a healthy option subject and seeing the introduction of A Level Music in September 2014. There is also a very active musical life in the boarding school more generally, with many pupils involved with performances during the year.
- Provide inspirational leadership of the Music Department, leading the department to the highest standards of professionalism as a role model for colleagues and pupils.
- Lead the design and implementation of an outstanding Music curriculum to ensure all our pupils make excellent progress.
- Promote the subject and ensure it is thriving throughout the school, including at GCSE and A Level Music.
- Lead the co-curricular life of the school in Music to ensure a rich and varied programme.
- To take overall responsibility for the effective leading of music groups in the school to ensure opportunity for participation as well as performance at a good level.
- To work with the school chaplain and be responsible for the use of Music in assemblies and services throughout the year.
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply please complete the application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 24 November at midday.
Interview Date: Friday 1 December.