Join us and help to shape the future of Catholic education
(2 posts) (Primary and/or Secondary)
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint two innovative leaders and inspirational communicators, with strong educational backgrounds, to join this exciting new CMAT, within the Diocese of Nottingham.
As part of the executive team, with bases in Glossop and Derby you will work closely with the CEO and the Directors of the CMAT to provide highly effective strategic focus on attainment and progress across a group of schools. Your work with headteachers will ensure our schools have the highest quality support, challenge and intervention, so that they offer the very best education for all of our young people.
The successful candidates will:
- be sympathetic to the Catholic ethos of our schools and model our values in their approach to the role
- have a proven record of successful leadership and school improvement at senior leader, school improvement partner or inspector level
- be adept at using a range of school assessment data and quality assurance information to identify improvement priorities and formulate action plans
- be creative in generating opportunities for sharing best practice and brokering support
- be passionate about ensuring that each student fulfils their unique potential
- value the diversity within our schools and their individual contexts
- be a confident and positive leader with the ability to build relationships with school leaders, staff, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT
- have the ability to drive themselves and others
- be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
- actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
- have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of schools
In return we can offer you:
- a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and CEO
- talented, enthusiastic and committed headteachers with a passion for Catholic education
- enthusiastic, ambitious staff and inspirational young people, who are keen to learn
- an excellent, bespoke induction programme
- first-rate personal career development opportunities as part of a new forward thinking CMAT.
The successful candidates will have responsibility for a group of schools within the CMAT. This could be primary schools, secondary schools or a mix, depending on the areas of expertise of the successful candidates. We would expect successful candidates to look to develop their expertise, with the relevant training, to become more cross-phase over time.
Please note that whilst these positions are not reserved for practising Catholics, there is a requirement that the post holders will support and promote the values of our Catholic schools in all aspects of their work for the CMAT.
Please contact Mrs Helen Helan of the Diocesan Education Service to arrange a meeting (email@example.com) if you would like to discuss the role further with the CEO designate, Sean McClafferty.
How to apply
Please apply using the CES Senior Leadership application form and include a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides, which should incorporate a summary of the impact you have had in your current / recent roles. When making your application, please specify whether you would like to be considered for primary, secondary or both phases. Please address your application to Sean McClafferty, CEO designate, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23 April 2018 (12 noon).
The Trust is committed to safe recruitment and the posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all other relevant pre-employment checks.