The Governing Body, Trust and Headteacher seek to appoint a Director of Progress who will play a pivotal role in the Pastoral Leadership Team. The successful candidate will be passionate about ensuring that all young people receive the support they need to achieve their full potential, regardless of the challenges or barriers they may face. You will be responsible for Progress Leaders and tutors within your allocated Key Stage.
Kingsdown School is at a very exciting stage in its history. From September we welcomed a:
- New Headteacher
- New Chair of Governors, and we
- Became an official partner of the River Learning Trust
In January we set the new vision - “a school of excellence bursting with pride and ambition”and a new mission statement – “we champion each and every student”.
We are looking for someone who is:
- an established and skilled pastoral leader with experience of leading pastoral teams and of achieving excellent outcomes for all students
- able to lead on progress, personal development, behaviour and well-being across the key stage by establishing a vision and culture that embeds pride and ambition in all students - in their current and future progress
- able to communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, students, parents and external agencies and secure the support needed
- a leader with real drive, enthusiasm, energy and determination
- ready and wanting to make a real difference to the lives of all our students
In return we can offer you:
- the opportunity to work with an incredibly strong, talented and committed team aiming for excellence
- a committed Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who will support and challenge you
- an ambitious and dedicated student community who are well behaved, happy and eager to learn with supportive parents
- high quality CPD to develop your leadership skills and career
- opportunities to work with a dynamic group of leaders, the SMG (Strategic Management Group) of the school
- extended opportunities to network across the River Learning Trust
Kingsdown School is part of a Multi Academy Trust and joined the River Learning Trust on the 1st September 2017. The successful applicant will join the School as a River Learning Trust employee.
Visits to the school are encouraged. The Head will be in school on 10 - 12th April and available to show you the school. To arrange a visit at this time please email email@example.com.
For any other enquiries or to request an application pack please contact Laura Burgoyne, HR Support Administrator on 01793 837087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will only be accepted on a Kingsdown School application form with a covering letter by email or post. Please do not submit your details via any external website as these will not be received by the school.
Closing date for completed applications is Monday 23rd April at 08:00am.
Interview date to be confirmed.
If you have not heard from us shortly after the closing date this means that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Kingsdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.