DIRECTOR OF SCIENCE
Leadership Spine L4 to L8
We are seeking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic teacher to lead our Science Faculty from September 2020. This is a real opportunity to lead ongoing developments in a very successful faculty which is committed to continuous improvement through teamwork. You will lead the faculty in preparing our learners for an ever changing world.
The successful candidate will:
• be a charismatic, solution focused and inspirational leader with a proven track record of raising standards.
• have excellent interpersonal skills and able to network and communicate effectively
• have a track record of outstanding teaching of chemistry or physics at KS4 and KS5
• demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and be an outstanding practitioner able to teach science across all key stages and the full ability range.
• have the ability to develop programmes and pathways in science across the school to raise standards of achievement, attainment and secure outstanding progress for all students.
Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive environment. You will be part of a highly influential Teaching School Alliance comprised of fourteen secondary schools well established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression. Whatever your aspirations, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications to help you achieve your ambitions. At Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School you will join a team of dedicated colleagues who enjoy the reward of working with an outstanding group of learners. We are committed to rewarding achievement at work, professional development, helping to manage workload efficiency and building professional resilience.
To arrange an informal discussion or to visit the school please contact Sarah Bradney