Director of Science
Leading Practitioner Range L8 – L12 (£47,267 - £52,155)
Required for September 2019
We are seeking an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of improving outcomes within a Science Department.
The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader who can work closely with the existing Head of Science to continue to drive up attainment and progress. This is an exciting role for someone who really wants to make an impact. The experience gained, in this role, will give this person an excellent platform to move into a Senior Leadership Position.
The Malling School is increasingly becoming the first choice school for parents. As a result we are currently oversubscribed.
What we can offer you:
• Opportunity to gain experience that will prepare you for a senior leadership position
• Robust behaviour systems
• No formal observations – instead Developmental Learning Walks with ongoing feedback, helping you and your department to continuously develop
• CPD starts as soon as you are appointed
• A new building with great facilities and a very pleasant location in Kent
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent and innovative teacher of Science, with proven middle leadership experience, who will play an important role in leading Science into its next stage of development
• Proven experience of leading an Science Department or a Key Stage within a Science Department
• Someone who does whatever it takes to ensure that every pupil has the best chance to achieve their potential
• ICT literate and proactively uses ICT to enhance their teaching and leadership
• An excellent team player with the ability to work under pressure
It is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious practitioner wishing to further develop their career. You would be an associate member of the Senior Leadership Team, with the possibility to study for the NPQML/NPQSL.
We welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our School to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
Please apply via the TES website. For more information or to arrange an informal visit please contact the HR Department at email@example.com
Closing date: 20 March 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 25 March 2019
The Malling School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of all children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, CV Checking Service, Occupational Health check and two satisfactory references.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should sufficient interest be received. Therefore, early application is recommended to avoid disappointment.