DIRECTOR OF SECONDARY SCHOOL SPORT
Genesis Christian College provides high quality education that develops a passion for lifelong learning, Christian character and a desire to serve God in the wider community. We deliver innovative, relevant education that develops personal excellence and school pride within a safe Christ-centered environment. Our modern, well equipped campus is located on the north side of Brisbane with an enrolment of over 1500 students from Prep to Year 12.
We invite suitably qualified and experienced applicants to apply for the Full Time position of Director of Secondary School Sport commencing Term 1 2020.
Reporting to the Head of Secondary, this position is responsible for the continuing development of a comprehensive Secondary Sport program in which students participate in challenging inter-school competitions. Our sports program aims to challenge our students and provide avenues for representation at a higher level.
This position is Full Time, comprising a combination of teaching and non-contact time to fulfil the PAR position role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated Christian character and the ability to inspire others.
- Proven capability supporting teachers in their delivery of sports programs.
- Expertise and commitment to sporting excellence.
- Expert knowledge of legislative requirements pertaining to the delivery and oversight of sports programs.
- Desire for lifelong learning and active professional self-development.
- Excellent leadership and time management skills, including the ability to cope with competing demands under pressure and work autonomously.
- Diplomatic and skilled verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead innovatively and influence outcomes.
- Commitment to the provision of quality customer service when interacting with parents and the wider community.
- Ability to develop, write and edit publications, including policy documents, guidelines and handbooks.
• Bachelor of Teaching or Education
• Queensland College of Teachers Registration
• Demonstrated teaching ability
We recognise employee contribution through:
- A highly supportive workplace culture
- State of the art facilities
- Attractive salary package for Positions of Added Responsibility with generous release time
- Annual pay increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- 11.25% superannuation.
How to make an application: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the Knowledge and Skill requirements, including your Christian cultural fit within Genesis Christian College
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- The names and contact details of two professional referees and a minister/pastor reference must also be provided.
Applications close Monday 13 January 2020 . For further information or questions, please contact email@example.com or phone 3882 9000.