Director of Sport – Pay MPR + TLR2c (Relocation allowance available)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our new all through school!
We wish to appoint a Director of Sport to lead the PE Department and provide continuity and progression for all pupils from KS1-KS4. The person appointed will be based on the senior site but will work closely with the infant and junior staff to further develop high quality teaching of PE. They will also develop and facilitate an excellent and extensive extra-curricular programme that provides a variety of sporting and recreational opportunities for all pupils at the school. The successful applicant will also play a leading role across the whole school in further developing our house system and sporting ethos.
The person appointed will:
· Have a passion for sport and an understanding of how best to develop each pupil's potential
· Be an outstanding practitioner and have experience of leadership of a Department
· Have the ability to develop PE teaching across all three schools
· Have oversight and responsibility for the extra-curricular provision across all 3 sites
· Be creative in his/her approach to curriculum design
· Be responsible for the House System and Sporting Ethos
· Be a team player
Our pupils enjoy an extensive range of extra-curricular activities and in collaboration with our on-site Leisure Centre we are able to offer a varied evening programme for all age ranges. We have high expectations of all our pupils and provide them with excellent academic and pastoral support. Located in Aldershot, we are 30 miles from London and easily accessible from the A3/A31 and M3.
Alderwood School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.