OUTLINE OF POST
To be responsible for curriculum staff line management for Degree programmes
To work with the Principal, Assistant Principal, Director of Quality, Director of Quality Enhancement, Examinations Officer, Director of Operations/Director of Centre and Data Manager to determine standards and targets for improvement and enhancement in order to enrich the learner experience for all learners of the college, raise their aspirations and maximise achievements.
To work with Curriculum teams to ensure students receive high quality learning and support opportunities leading to outstanding rates of retention and achievement
To work collaboratively with the Principal, Assistant Principal, Director of Quality, Director of Quality Enhancement. Examinations Officer, Data Manager and Curriculum staff to assure academic standards and identify areas for quality enhancement
Liaise with Group services as necessary to provide progression opportunities for students.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure a well-planned and managed delivery of curriculum offer – high quality experience, opportunities and outcomes.
2. To ensure consistency of standards and good communications throughout and ensure full implementation of relevant systems and improvement strategies.
3. To be responsible for the effective use of resources in all areas within line management span
4. Work closely with Curriculum teams to optimise the performance of provision in relation to achievement of targets, qualifications and progression and maximise positive outcomes
5. Work closely with the Admissions and Administrative staff to ensure appropriate and timely planning takes place for a smooth induction / start to the course
6. Lead, manage and support curriculum staff to ensure the setting of challenging but realistic objectives, plans and targets and through guidance and support help them achieve required results.
7. To ensure that the policies, procedures and systems relevant to the appropriate partnership requirements, are implemented consistently across the programmes.
8. To contribute to all aspects of quality improvement, including the production of the programmes’ course reviews and action plans
9. To contribute to the development of the college’s Teaching and Learning enhancement strategies to provide students with a range of access to learning opportunities
10. To work closely with the Principal, Assistant Principal, Director of Quality, Director of Quality Enhancement, Director of Operations/Director of Centre and Students Systems Manager, to ensure the quality and presentation of student data and information is uniformly applied across the programme provision.
11. Present student information, as required, including enrolments, attendance, retention, achievements and referrals and ensure the information is owned and understood by curriculum staff.
12. To work closely with the Assistant Principal, Director of Operations/Director of Centre and Director for Students to ensure administrative support meets the provisions needs and appropriate IAG is provided ensuring learners are enrolled onto the most relevant course at the right level to assist achievement of their education and employability goals
13. Work with the Assistant Principal and the Director of Quality to implement quality improvements in response to the analysis of systematic feedback from key stakeholders, including, Student Representatives, Students, Partner Universities and Awarding Organisations.
14. Work with the Assistant Principal and Curriculum teams to agree and produce the academic calendar, including semester dates, assignment deadlines and dates of committee / board meetings
15. Ensure that students’ assessed work is marked in accordance with published timescales, appropriate academic standards and that feedback provided meets Awarding Body and the college’s requirements.
16. Act as an Internal Verifier for relevant programmes.
17. Prepare, participate and present information, as required, for management meetings and external agency visits, particularly OfS and QAA
18. Plan, develop, deliver and record regular relevant staff training and development programmes
1. To be aware of the principles of safeguarding children and young people as they apply to the role within the College.
2. To be aware of the principles of PREVENT as they apply to the role with the College. Actively promote and implement the College’s PREVENT Policy.
3. To participate in the College’s staff development and training schemes and identifying and providing training and development for staff to meet the requirements of their jobs.
This job description and person specification is current at the date of issue. Changing organisational needs may require the job description to change within reason, after prior consultation with the post-holder.