Corby Business Academy is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 Academy with a growing reputation both locally and nationally. Closely located to the Leicestershire / Northamptonshire border we provide staff and students with a modern learning environment, offering state of the art teaching and learning facilities equipped to meet the challenges of a varied and engaging curriculum.
We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational leader who is committed to raising standards for all pupils.
How would you feel:
• Leading an enthusiastic team of Geographers and Historians in a friendly Humanities faculty?
• Teaching small classes in a well-resourced, beautiful, modern building?
• Working in an environment that rewards success with excellent remuneration and allows you the freedom to innovate?
• Joining a rapidly improving school which is part of the highly successful Brooke Weston Trust?
• Putting learning at the heart of everything you do and encouraging aspiration, engagement and achievement at Key Stage 3, 4 & 5
Corby Business Academy has a dynamic improvement strategy planned for the next three years facilitating student achievement so we reach our target of becoming Outstanding! We are a caring team, motivated to succeed and prepared to go the extra mile. The successful candidate will:
• Help others to reach their potential
• Have a proven track record in securing great grades for students
• Be conscientious about your department’s success
• Have passion, experience, maturity, resilience, commitment, high expectations of staff and students and a team ethos, but you do not currently need to be a Director of Subject
• The ability to work with the wider Humanities team developing NQTs
• Have excellent leadership skills
In return we offer:
• Appropriate remuneration as this role is a vital part of our move forward
• Superb CPD opportunities
• The opportunity of promotion
• A supportive and compassionate Middle Leader and Senior Leadership team
We welcome applications from colleagues who want to be part of a positive and successful team in this very exciting time for the Academy. If you have a passion for your subject and the ability to motivate and inspire students to achieve, we would love to hear from you.
All applicants are required to complete a Brooke Weston Trust application form. For further details or an application form please contact Mike Sherwin by email email@example.com or telephone 07525 889925 | 0116 2532389.
Please note that strong applications may be considered upon receipt.
Closing date: Friday 1st December 2017
Interview: Week commencing 4th December 2017
If you have not heard by Friday 8th December, your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Posts working with children and/or vulnerable adults will be subject to the disclosure of criminal records. This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.