We have an exciting opportunity at Holy Cross College for a Director of University Centre to join the team based in Bury. You will join us on a full time, 42 weeks per year basis and will receive a competitive salary of £53,229 to £55,291 per annum plus excellent benefits!
The purpose of the Director of University Centre role is to lead the University Centre team to ensure an efficient and effective Higher Education provision for the College and the local community.
Key responsibilities of the Director of University Centre:
• Working closely with the Member of CLT with the responsibility of acting as Strategic Head of University Centre (SHUC) on the development of the College’s Higher Education strategy.
• Managing the University Centre operationally in accord with the College’s strategic aims and objectives.
• Attending regular meetings with the SHUC to discuss the development of the University Centre.
• Working closely with the SHUC in liaising with relevant staff at partner universities and other bodies to ensure that there are efficient and appropriate systems, programmes and partnership agreements in place.
• Working closely with the SHUC to ensure the effective operation of Quality assurance systems in the University Centre.
• To be the designated back-up person to support the Designated Safeguarding Lead’ in cases involving the University Centre safeguarding matters.
• To lead the team and be the designated member of staff in an area of agreed expertise
• To work closely with CIS and IT to ensure the ILR and strategic use of data are well managed.
• To be the Principal’s Duty Designate for an agreed number of evenings per week.
Experience and skills required of the Director of University Centre:
• Enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
• Level 6 qualification and Level 6 teaching qualification
• Recent experience of supporting students through Higher Education programmes with a proven record of success.
• Experience of attending and contributing to exam boards and liaising with external examiners.
• Experience of managing staff.
• Experience of working with multiple HE providers.
• Familiarity with developments in Higher Education and of HE progression routes.
• Recent experience of the processes required to introduce new programmes
• Commitment to the ethos of the college.
• Ability to relate well with staff and students.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Strong team working skills.
• Positive attitude.
• Excellent communication skills, orally and written.
• Excellent presentational skills, orally and written.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Ability to motivate staff and students.
• Ability to hit deadlines.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Time management skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Negotiating skills.
• Commitment to Equal Opportunities.
• Willing to travel to various HE providers
Benefits of becoming our Director of University Centre:
We believe Holy Cross Sixth Form College and University Centre is a great place to work as we genuinely care about all our staff and want them to be happy working here. In return our staff can expect:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Option to apply for sabbatical leave
- Family friendly policies
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Individualised induction programmes and excellent opportunities for CPD
- Cycle scheme vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- VDU eye sight test vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- Various health and wellbeing benefits (including an on-site gym, fitness classes, staff badminton and football)
- Counselling service – face to face counselling as well as access to a confidential telephone counselling service
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 10.00 a.m. on Wednesday 19th May 2021. Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.
For further information and an application form please click ‘apply’ to be re-directed to the College website. Please note: CVs are not accepted.
Holy Cross College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In this respect all applicants are advised that any offer of appointment will be subject to Enhanced Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as well as other relevant recruitment checks.
Holy Cross College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
Holy Cross, founded by the Daughters of the Cross, is a Catholic Sixth Form College, which exists to provide a high quality education within a community based on Gospel principles.
The college is committed to providing high quality...