Director | Human Resources | Toowoomba Catholic Schools Office
Applications close Friday, 5 July 2019
Full time | Fixed term | 5 year contract | Commencing 22 July 2019
Senior Executive Scale - Level 1
Toowoomba Catholic Schools (TCS) is a system of 31 primary, secondary, and P-12 schools located in Toowoomba, and across the Darling Downs and South West Queensland. This is an exciting time to be joining our organisation and an opportunity to demonstrate your full potential leading an ambitious improvement agenda in student performance, attraction and retention of high-quality staff and enrolment growth.
Will see you lead the successful development, implementation and review of a Human Resources (HR) strategy which includes
- the provision of best practice HR systems and services in all facets of the organisation
- oversight of the TCS payroll system and strategic HR initiatives associated with workforce capability monitoring and development, workforce planning and leadership succession, recruitment and retention of high performing staff and staff wellbeing
- the provision of high-level, specialist HR advice when required
- the development, communication, implementation and review of evidence-based HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- implementation of a Health, Safety & Environment system and practices which enhance and sustain the desired culture of staff safety and wellbeing
- provide expert leadership to the HR team which unites members around an agreed purpose and plan.
- Strong commitment to the Catholic ethos and a genuine interest in the special nature and needs of Catholic education.
- Post graduate qualifications in HR or a related field, with extensive operational and team leadership experience, ideally gained in the education sector.
- Proven skills in strategic and policy development and achieving significant policy outcomes.
- Advanced communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, energise, mobilise and inspire to achieve goals and harness skills and talents.
Further details can be obtained from the Role Description.
Please submit your application via SEEK and include
- a cover letter, of no more than two pages highlighting your relevant skills and experience, and how you have successfully contributed to the operations of your current organisation.
- your resume.
To discuss this role, please contact Executive Director, Dr Patrick Coughlan, by email Pat.Coughlan@twb.catholic.edu.au or by phone (07) 4637 1410.