Required January 2020
Drama & Dance Curriculum Team Leader
MPS / UPS (Outer London) – plus TLR 1A
We are looking for a creative, passionate, committed and dynamic professional to lead and manage the Drama and Dance department, maintaining and striving to continually improve standards.
We are looking for an excellent teacher and inspiring Head of Drama or Drama/Dance who is able to teach Drama or both Drama/Dance across the 11-19 age range.
We are seeking an individual who has:
• Capacity to teach across the full age range and abilities.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
• To lead by example with high quality teaching, supporting student progress.
• Work closely and effectively with other relevant CTLs/Subject Leaders to ensure high quality performances across Performing Arts.
• Have a clear overall strategy for both the development of Drama and Dance and the participation by pupils of all abilities in performing arts activities for enjoyment and lifelong engagement.
Dance and Drama are very popular subjects and the department delivers GCSE and A’Level courses.
Drama is taught in the school’s Theatre or Drama Studio and Dance in the designated Dance Studio. The department has an experienced and committed team of teachers, including a dedicated technician who provides technical support to staff and students.
Wanstead High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For an application form and further information log on to our website http://www.wansteadhigh.co.uk/The-School/Vacancies/. Alternatively, contact the school by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this post is Tuesday 24 September 2019 @ 12 Noon.