The International School of Monza is seeking to appoint a
Teacher of Drama and English Language Acquisition for our IB Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programme
to join us in September 2021
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to apply early as the school reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date for applications.
Why work with us
* The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find;
* Official IB professional development during first few months of employment;
* A small, modern and colourful school where teachers are highly respected as professionals and afforded a good degree of autonomy to teach in a creative and exciting way;
* A beautiful part of the world.
Our school and host city
More information about the school and our host city can be found on our school’s dedicated TES page at https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/international-school-of-monza-1066703 as well as on our website at https://www.internationalschoolofmonza.it. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Our Covid-19 protocols
Our school has an articulate Covid-19 policy (and associated procedures) which abides to both national legilstaion as well as drawing on WHO guidelines. We are fortunate to have a highly responsible school and local communities, helping ensure that all members are safeguarded and that the risk of Covid-induced school or class closure is minamised.
At the time of publishing, the situation in Italy feels under control with all students now attending school on-site and the region classified as "yellow" (on a scale of yellow-orange-red).
Our 2020/22 school development plan
We are keen to harness our learnings from our period of virtual school in the spring and not go back to normal! To this end, our three core development plan principles from 2020-22 are: inclusion & wellbeing for learning & achievement; making assessment meaningful; harnessing technologies for learning.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Drama and English Language Acquisition for our IB Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programmes to join our other specialist performing arts and language acquisition colleagues, as well as contribute to the wider PYP/MYP team.
Full-time teachers typically teach their subject(s) for 20 hours per week and this role will be split equally between Drama and English Language Acquisition. We are looking for teachers who show a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity, subject knoweldge and organisational skills. For the right candidate, the contract offered will be a permanent appointment.
Our school is made up of a strong team of individual specialists who have built a uniquely collaborative environment. As such, we expect our new colleague to be committed to such an approach, as well as to high standards and a desire to ensure an excellent profile for the subjects and programmes they teach both within and beyond our school community.
• to be in possession of a university degree in the subject(s) and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent experience teaching the subject(s) with students aged 11-16 (experience with students aged 6-10 also an advantage);
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
Relocation assistance and help with the apartment search and settling-in process will be provided from a specialist agency. Other employment benefits include use of an Apple MacBook, iPad and free school lunches.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of two referees (within the boxes provided), one of which must be supervisor from current/most recent appointment.
Candidates are kindly requested not to apply if they do not meet the essential characteristics detailed above.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work on 30th August 2021, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.
International School of Monza
Monza (near Milan & Como), Italy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years