Nord Anglia International School, The Americas - New York is seeking a full time Drama Specialist/Primary Class Teacher in the East Village, NY.
Responsibilities: Drama Specialist Specific
- Be a proactive and collaborative member of the school’s performing arts department
- Plan, organise and deliver an annual school performance
- Promote, monitor and strategically oversee the school’s peripatetic drama program to ensure appropriate balance and diversity of drama skill development to meet the school’s vision for performing arts development
- Be proactive and supportive of all performing arts activities & events including, but not restricted to: Artists in Residence week; School Production; International Week; Community Performances e.g. The Bean
- Be proactive in planning, communicating and agreeing to use the Kraine Theatre for drama and performing arts events wherever possible
- Be proactive and supportive of all planned and impromptu Juilliard events, performances and training opportunities
- Develop a culture of drama/performing arts throughout the school through opportunities around school, impromptu performances at morning arrival, lunchtimes and evening events
- Be proactive in encouraging “parental engagement” in drama via Juilliard Events, information & sampling evenings, NAISNY demo drama opportunities etc
- Be highly proactive in developing the drama department’s facilities on an ongoing basis
- Ensure ongoing photos and video clips are captured and shared via the school’s social media platform on a bimonthly basis/as needed.
Responsibilities: Teaching and Learning
- Plan and deliver teaching and learning activities in line with the school’s curriculum and to maximise student engagement and learning.
- Ensure learning objectives are clear, appropriate and understood by students at all times.
- Ensure effective leadership and management of learning assistants at all times, ensuring clear expectations and regular feedback is given at all times
- Provide clear structure for lessons, maintaining pace and challenge throughout.
- Ensure effective differentiation by planning activities for the whole class, groups and individuals, which motivate and challenge all students.
- Ensure there are opportunities for independent and collaborative learning.
- Ensure there are opportunities for peer and self-assessment to support learning.
- Ensure effective behaviour and resource management.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies to personalise learning to maximise student motivation.
- Set high and encourage high expectations at all times.
- Identify and adapt lessons & resources to meet the needs of students who are very able, have Special Educational Needs, are Gifted and / or Talented or are not yet fluent in English.
- Be proactive in adapting learning activities to support students’ SMSC needs and the school’s collaborative links with Julliard, MIT and UNICEF at all times.
- Establish a safe, supportive, attractive and stimulating learning environment.
Responsibilities: Monitoring, Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Ensure effective use of assessment to assess how well learning objectives have been met and how planning can be improved to further enhance learning.
- Mark work and provide constructive & personalised feedback in line with school policy.
- Provide personalised written reports relating to student progress and next learning steps.
Other Professional Requirements:
- Be an effective class teacher / form tutor as maybe required.
- Be a true school ambassador for planned or impromptu prospective parent tours.
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues, parents and visitors.
- Set high expectations through personal presentation and conduct.
- Be an ambassador for the school during and outside school hours at all times.
- Keep up-to-date with current educational practice and professional development as required.
- Provide at least one engaging CCA per week.
- Be proactive in understanding and working with the school’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other task as reasonably requested by the Principal.
- All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organization.
- All Staff must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation, and should conform to the professional and ethical requirements.