Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to consider a Drama teaching position in a popular secondary school based in Kilburn Park, London. The successful Drama Teacher / Head of Drama will be joining a school with impressive results across the board, averaging above the national average. The school is rated “Outstanding” with special praise of the quality of teaching and senior management team. There are opportunities for career development and management positions at this wonderful school. This position will be starting September 2019 on a long-term basis, and could lead to a permanent offer.
About the Role
• Drama Teacher / Head of Drama
• Opportunity to progress to Head of Subject
• Full time, long term role starting September 2019
• Daily rate $270AUD - $350AUD (depending on experience)
About the School
• Large oversubscribed secondary school
• Multi-faith and multi-cultural school with distinctive Christian ethos
• “Outstanding” rated school
• Modern classrooms with state of the art equipment
• Career development and management opportunities
• Hardworking leadership team going above and beyond to make sure the school stays Outstanding
• Easy transport links, bus stops and access to the underground within a short walking distance
About the Location
• Picturesque, historic, multicultural area situated in North-West of London, 6km away from Charing Cross
• Well-connected borough with a choice of tube lines taking approximately 30 minutes into London
• Beautiful accommodation choices with a good choice of converted flats, shared-houses and apartments
In order to be considered for this role, the Drama Teacher / Head of Drama will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a Drama Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent secondary teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number DZH18895RXP.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DZH18895RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.