We are seeking a teacher of Drama to join our vibrant school. We require a colleague who is enthusiastic and dynamic with strong ambition to help us build on our success to date. The position would suit an experienced practitioner with experience of the new GCSEs specification, but we would also welcome applications from NQTs / RQTs.
You will receive high quality, comprehensive CPD and support from your colleagues who will coach and guide you through any continued professional development. Staff at Parklands also benefit from access to the UK’s leading provider of corporate healthcare cash plans provided by UK Healthcare and out of hours access to our brand new gym facilities.
Parklands High School is a popular, over-subscribed and high-achieving school. This is an opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive, well-resourced and forward looking environment. We were inspected by OFSTED in 2018 and were graded as ‘Good’ under the demanding new inspection framework.
Main Duties/ Principal responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Curriculum Leader for Drama:
• To contribute to teaching and learning in Drama including production of shared resources;
• To participate in the development and implementation of appropriate syllabi, materials and schemes of work reflecting the school’s published aims, policies and procedures. This includes the School SEF and development plan, teaching and learning policy and behaviour policy;
• To maintain accurate and complete assessment records and use them constructively to inform learning and to report to parents as required;
• To participate in the process of student target-setting, developing and implementing schemes of work and maintaining progressive learning outcomes in lessons;
• To attend and contribute to department meetings, TLC sessions and INSET training as required.
Additional specific responsibilities:
• To be the form teacher of an assigned form;
• To undertake the pastoral care and guidance of each individual in the form and monitor their academic progress;
• To deal with and administer all routine business connected with the form, including returns as required;
• To take responsibility for the conduct of form time;
• To provide or contribute to reports and keep records as appropriate;
• To check and comment on reports to parents as needed;
• To keep a general eye on the personal appearance and behaviour of the form and insist on a high standard;
• To attend and contribute to assemblies when required and actively supervise the form's movement both to the place of assembly and whilst it is in progress;
• To attend House meetings.
• To have responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people for whom you are responsible and all those you may come into contact with;
• To mark the register of all groups in accordance with the procedures determined by the attendance policies;
• To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published schedules;
• To share responsibility for good order and discipline in the school;
• To participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents or carers;
• To participate in Appraisal and School Self Evaluation arrangements;
• To adhere to published school policies;
• Be courteous to colleagues, students and parents and provide a welcoming environment to guests;
• Discharge your duty of care for your own and others’ health and safety.
The role is initially part-time but could grow into full-time depending on the uptake of Drama at GCSE. At this stage it is impossible to produce a timetable and agree days of working, so we expect flexibility and cooperation.
If you wish to come and visit us or require more information regarding the role, please contact Mrs Karen Gray, Curriculum Leader, by telephone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)