Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium seeks professional Drama Teacher to start job duties in August 2019. This position is for those, who love working with children and have an experience in teaching Drama and staging performances in a school setting.
Overview of role:
Drama Teachers will be responsible for teaching Drama as an extracurricular subject to Russian students aged 7-14 years old. The lessons last for 90 minutes and take place 5 days a week in small groups of 8-10 students. All Drama lessons will be divided into Speech & Drama lesson and Acting & Drama lesson, each lasting for 90 minutes. Speech & Drama aims to develop clarity of speech, oral presentation skills, give a boost to reading and speaking skills, while Acting & Drama will foster confidence, promote free expression of imagination and creativity as well as introduce students to the pieces of literature which will be staged throughout the year. Drama Teachers will also produce 2 major plays per year with their classes.
The Department of Drama will comprise 5 Drama teachers who will teach various age groups from 7 years old to 14 years old students. Administrative support is there to help with all organizational issues associated with theatre performances.
• Degree in Drama or Theatre Arts
• Experience in working with children in a school setting
• Experience in working in a Drama school / club and staging performances
• Exemplary communication skills
• Creativity and a good sense of humor
• EFL teaching qualifications
• PGCE in Drama is welcomed
The successful candidate:
• A leader and a self-starter, energetic and team-oriented
• A willingness to make a minimum of 2 years commitment to the position
• Understanding of different educational paradigms and methodologies, ability to synthesize them on order to create a unique learning experience for children
• Passionate about Drama, Literature, Music
• Ability to speak Russian is a plus, but not required
Why consider Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium?
• Brand new school with top-notch facilities in upper-class village in Moscow
• A team of 23 native English-speaking teachers from the UK and USA
• Academic support, English speaking staff
• Small class sizes: 8-10 students
• Basic health insurance
• Work permit and full visa support
• Free meals (breakfast and lunch)
• Support with accommodation near the School
• Corporative transfer from Metro station to School and back
• 8 weeks of paid vacation throughout the year
Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers, criminal record check and the DBS.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the school can be seen by visiting our website www.primakov.school
Telephone applications will not be accepted.