Vision for Education are looking to recruit for a large secondary school in Cheshire who are looking to appoint a Design Technology Technician for a full academic year.
The position is full-time 37 hours, 39 weeks term time only and will begin this September.
Desirable – as many of the following as possible (skills in some of these areas is essential)
- Ability to use Band saw, Circular saw, planer, router, powered hand tools. (Certification needed)
- Ability to use Metal Band saw, lathe, milling machine, welding, brazing, casting. (Certification needed)
- Ability to use Vacuum former, line bender, CAD/CAM
- Use of CAD software. (2D Design, Auto CAD, Solid works, ProEngineer)
- Cam Equipment. Laser cutter, 3D Printer, Micro router, CNC Engraver, CNC vinyl cutter.
Essential – must be able to carry out all of the following
- Stock control
- Preparing materials
- Ordering/checking large quantities and materials end equipment on a weekly/daily/hourly basis.
- Physically fit due to heavy handling of sheet materials.
- Carrying and setting up materials and equipment lesson by lesson
- Practical skills
- Sound use of hand tools in metal/ wood/plastic
- Working knowledge of Electronics and circuit construction
- Machine maintenance and routine servicing
Vision for Education welcome any questions or enquiries so please call today on 01925 648131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The benefits for working for Vision for Education
- Excellent Rates of pay
- Dedicated and experienced consultants
- PAYE Payroll
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme
- We offer a £50 refer a friend bonus scheme (un capped)
- We offer local and easily accessible schools to you
- Free CPD courses to enhance your professional development
- We hold regular social events
- We are a friendly open and honest agency, who strongly believe in all our candidates
It is essential that you hold a valid and recognised teaching qualification.
We are also required to contact your past schools for a reference, all positions are subject to an enhanced DBS.