We are seeking a self-motivated and passionate candidate for the post of D&T Technician to support the D&T teaching teams. This is a varied role delivering lessons and support within the curriculum. The D&T team are committed professionals providing high-quality D&T lessons to our students.
The following courses are delivered within our D&T department:
- Design and Technology
- Product Design
Duties will include:
- Preparation of material as directed, distribution of apparatus and clearing away equipment
- Assisting staff in practical lessons, preparation of teaching aids, maintaining apparatus
- Contributing to the smooth running of the Design & Technology Faculty
- Maintaining classrooms, work spaces and storage areas, ensuring they are adequately stocked for the smooth running of the lessons
Bluecoat Aspley Academy is a proud member of the Archway Learning Trust – a highly successful Trust, with an expanding number of academies covering the ages of 3-19 and operating across a growing number of campuses. The growth and development of our Multi-Academy Trust makes this an excellent opportunity to join us, as we seek to serve a growing number of young people across the region.
In return, we can offer:
- Employee benefits and well-being scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
How to find out more
For more information about the school and the role, please click the Apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 27th March 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 30th March 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check, Barred List check, the receipt of satisfactory references and any other statutory checks that are required for the post. We are an equal opportunities employer.