Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a dynamic and engaging Teaching Assistant to work exclusively with children with Dyslexia in a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school in Cambridge. The position is to begin from September 2018, continuing on a long-term basis and going permanent if you are the right Teaching Assistant with for the school.
The desired Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant will be involved in supporting across the Primary and Secondary Phrase and will be working exclusively with children and young people who are dyslexic. The role will involve teaching small classes and working effectively with primary and secondary teachers when offering in-class support teaching. The successful Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant will be responsible for differentiating work in the school and delivering specialist support to pupils if required. Furthermore, the role of the successful Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant will actively supporting the class teacher with ensuring the current provision is in place for all pupils in the class you’re supporting.
The school is a large school for children with a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). The school is rated as ‘Good’ in all aspects and are in the process of working towards ‘Outstanding’ for their next Inspection. They are passionate and committed about providing high-quality CPD opportunities for all members of staff to ensure they make the most out of their role, providing effective teaching and learning opportunities and making the best out of their future career development.
To be considered for the position as a Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant, you must:
· Be either a Level 2 or 3 qualified Teaching Assistant or have a background and desire to become a Teaching Assistant that specialises in offering Dyslexia support.
· Be flexible, adaptable and able to hit the ground running in a busy and vibrant environment
· Able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches accordingly to meet the needs of the children you’re supporting
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to support the class teacher with delivering inspiring and engaging lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners, specialising in Autism (ASC/ASD) and Dyslexia
Ideally, we are looking for the Teaching Assistant to have a qualification in SPLD, although this isn’t essential.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Dyslexia Specialist Teaching Assistant position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk