ROMA/EAL Liaison Officer
Hours: 37 hours per week term time only
Location: Margate, Kent
Salary: £17,650 - £19,414 (dependent on experience) Pro-rata to £14,893 - £16,382
We are looking for a ROMA/EAL Liaison Officer to build relationships with the Eastern European Roma community thereby supporting students’ attendance, behaviour and progress.
The successful candidate will be required to engage with parents/carers and families to provide early intervention, support and guidance to increase engagement with the school and improve learning outcomes for students.
We are seeking an individual who has:
• The ability to speak the relevant languages
• Previous experience of working with young people and their families
• Knowledge of the challenges facing the Roma community
• The ability to use their own initiative to solve problems and respond proactively to unexpected situations
• The ability to show sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with confidential issues
For a full job description, person specification and application form please contact Claire Titherington by e-mailing: email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon Thursday 22nd June 2017
Interviews: Friday 30th June 2017
Hartsdown Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake a DBS Employment Check.