Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the United Kingdom and take up a Prep Teacher / Primary Teacher role at a vibrant and forward thinking primary school based in the heart of Walthamstow, East London. The school is looking for a Prep Teacher / Primary Teacher to join its Early Years team from September 2019 until the end of the academic year on a timesheet basis.
About the Role:
- Early Childhood Teacher/ Prep Teacher / Primary Teacher
- Full time fixed term contract from September 2019
- Daily rate between $230 - $290 AUD (depending on experience)
About the School:
- Two-form school with great reputation within the local authority
- Large onsite early years setting with colourful and well-stocked outdoor space
- Provision for Autism on-site, further complementing the schools ‘inclusive’ school status
- Collaborative relationship with other local primary schools to encourage good practice
- Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Not far from Walthamstow Central or Leyton
About the location:
- Located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, northeast London
- Great connections to the city centre, serviced by both the Central and Victoria Lines as well as Overground services
- Suburban area with lots of local parks and woodlands including Epping Forest
- Great local markets including Wood Street Indoor Markets
In order to be considered for this role, the Business Studies Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number DDS27750KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DDS27750KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.