Early Childhood TEACHER
The school requires an enthusiastic Reception Teacher who has had at least 2 years' teaching experience. Experience of working with the pre-school and reception class in a British curriculum school is also essential. You will be expected to work with the age group between ages 3-8 in a small class setting. Needs to be fluent (in English) and positive teaching style and is happy to adapt to the schools already effective methods. The ability to improve teaching and learning, as well as utilising the latest educational techniques to ensure their lesson is engaging.
The International School Seychelles is a co-educational non-profit making organisation. The school has over 900 children from ages 3-8, the majority from Seychellois families and a large minority from thirty different nationalities. The school follows the English National Curriculum leading to the Cambridge IGCSE and A Levels. The medium of instructions in all classes is English.
As Early Childhood Teacher you will be responsible for:
• Delivering the UK Curriculum for students aged 3-8, which will include English Language, Science, Maths and PE.
• Fulfilling the daily duties of a classroom teacher, including monitoring of students’ work, delivering engaging and challenging lessons and contributing to department meetings.
• Communicating with parents via reports and parents evenings, which are spread across the year.
• Contributing to the ongoing curriculum development of the department.
As Reception Teacher at ISS you will:
• Have a recognized teaching qualification such as a PGCE, B. Ed, QTS or equivalent and a relevant Degree
• Have experience of delivering the UK Curriculum
• Have excellent and accurate written and spoken English
• Take pleasure in the classroom environment and have a love of learning
• Thrive on being able to take ownership of your students’ learning experiences
• Have an enthusiasm for adapting to the needs of a new culture and pitch your lessons accordingly
• Have excellent cultural awareness and enjoy being part of a multi-cultural community
• Have a love for the lifestyle on offer in Seychelles
What we offer:
The International School Seychelles offers a package to expatriate workers, which includes:
• Flights to and from country of origin at start and end of contract
• Assistance finding accommodation
• A salary enhanced by a relocation allowance, an accommodation allowance as well as qualification-based allowances depending on the candidate
• A generous end-of-contract gratuity bonus
• A working environment which empowers teachers to take ownership of their classroom delivery
• Paperwork and administration is kept to the absolute essentials, leaving our teachers time to focus on the classroom
• Life in an internationally recognized location of unparalleled natural beauty
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter, a recent photograph, current and expected CTC to firstname.lastname@example.org