We are seeking to appoint an Early Help and Safeguarding Officer:
• Establish and strengthen existing relationships between parents/carers, students and the school to ensure the attendance, behaviour and progress of all students is at the expected levels.
• Carry out early help assessments for students and families causing concern to inform support and school action.
• Assist in the identification of early signs of disengagement and provide specific interventions to support families and encourage re-engagement.
• Under an agreed system of supervision, support the Designated Safeguarding Leads to ensure the safeguarding of children and support for local families in accessing services.
• Work in accordance with policies, procedures, systems, structures, resources and personnel in place to promote the welfare and protection of children at Parkside Community School and support vulnerable families.
• Actively work in co-operation with parents/carers and other agencies through joint planning, training and monitoring of their arrangements for the safeguarding of children.
• Manage and implement the Parkside Pickup strategy to support attendance.