The Orchard Day Nursery Kew
Position: Early Year Practitioner
Salary: Up to £22,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract type: Full Time-52 Weeks
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 29 July 2021
Closing date: 19Aug 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 57-59 Kew Bridge Road, Brentford, Greater London, TW8 0EW
The Orchard Day Nursery Kew based in Brentford, West London, has a strong family atmosphere and prepares children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. We believe in recruiting and training the very best early years practitioners and staff to meet the needs of all young babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in our care. We offer shift work between the hours of 7am-7pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent required
• To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips
• To maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external professionals.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by the Manager
• To take part in supervisions, reflecting on your own wellbeing and mental health and to seek support from Management when you need it.
• To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
• Encouraging learning and development, through play and teaching.
• Creating a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn.
• Working with parents to support their children.
• Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills.
• Monitoring progress and planning educational games.
• Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day.
What we offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Salary review
• Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of salary progression
• Ongoing coaching from the management team
• Career progression as our business grows
• Childcare fee discount
• 28 days Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
• Pension scheme
• Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, Employee Assistance Programme, scanning service (MRI, CT and PET scans) and Westfield rewards where you will be able to obtain discounts from various high street and online outlets
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team and to be part of the grand annual Christmas event.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Orchard Day Nursery Kew is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Orchard Day Nursery Kew Bridge
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Early Years
- Students of mixed gender, age 0 - 5 years