The National School Apprenticeship programme presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout the apprenticeship and ongoing support from the school.
Whilst on the Children and Young Peoples Workforce apprenticeship, you will work closely with children in their learning and development. You will help to plan and carry out activities and lessons plans to motivate children and help them learn through inventive and imaginative use of resources.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will of achieve the nationally recognised Children and Young Peoples Workforce qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time role within a school or business.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities:
- Help to motivate children and develop their learning abilities.
- Contribute to the provision of a secure environment for the children to learn.
- Assisting in developing teaching resources.
- Helping to create visual aids to stimulate learning.
- Help to make use of resources in an engaging way.
- Assisting with children's development of personal, social and language skills;
- Supporting and helping to develop the children's basic skills
- Working with the children in order to help develop their curiosity and expand upon their knowledge.
- Work with teaching assistants, nursery nurses and other members of staff, to plan and coordinate work indoors and outdoors.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Support EYFS staff with observations and assessments
- Embrace and uphold the vision and caring, nurturing ethos of our unique Catholic school
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil's parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths
Level 2 Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce
Employee rights and responsibilities
Functional Skills (if required)
Contract Term 60 weeks
Contract Type Intermediate level apprenticeship
Kate Wardle Email Kate.email@example.com
Closing Date 07.12.2016
St Alphonsus R C Primary School