Early Years Class Teacher
Start date: September 2018 Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Inner London - M1 - £29,233 Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Beam County Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher who has the passion and creativity to
embark on their teaching career in our supportive Early Years Team.
Beam County Primary School is a thriving and vibrant primary school situated in the London Borough of Barking
and Dagenham. Our core vision, ‘Creating a lifelong love of learning’, is paramount to what we provide for all
members of the school community, ensuring all pupils and teachers continue this vision.
This post will be a full-time class teacher role in one of our fantastically resourced Reception classes.
We can offer:
• a supportive mentor programme.
• opportunities for continuing professional development.
• a friendly and experienced Early Years Team who are committed to raising standards and driving up
• well-resourced classrooms and a large outdoor learning area.
• an exemplary leadership team of senior and middle leaders who can support you in your new role.
• a school that has strong community links.
‘Your exemplary leadership has galvanised senior and middle leaders into a highly effective team. As a result
of your exceptionally strong leadership, pupils’ progress throughout the school continues to be good’ Ofsted
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a passion for teaching and developing children’s characteristics of effective learning
• Is creative, innovative and committed to fostering a love of learning
• Promotes a stimulating and nurturing approach to ensure children’s levels of well-being and
involvement are high
• Has high expectations of behaviour and achievement
• Is hardworking and committed to raising standards, inspiring and motivating children to aspire to
their full potential.
• Is reliable and has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and is committed to working as
part of a strong team.
This is an also an excellent and exciting opportunity for a newly qualified teacher who wants to develop their
teaching career in a large school that has the friendliness and support of a strong team.
Provision in the Nursery and Reception classes, for indoor and outdoor learning, is exciting and
stimulating. Staff work closely with parents and provide them with detailed and informative information
about how their children are developing and learning. Ofsted 2016.
Visits to the school are most welcome and strongly encouraged. Please either telephone the school office
on 020 8270 4700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Application form can be downloaded at: http://beamcountyprimaryschool.co.uk/vacancies/
Closing date for applications: Midday, 29th June 2018
Beam County Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all
staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is
required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare
(Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to
establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.