Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: 2 years with option to renew
A unique opportunity to live and work overseas, within an English school system.
The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment set in the South Atlantic Ocean. Great value is placed on education by Government, parents, students and the community as a whole. Primary and secondary education follows the English National Curriculum, from Early Years Foundation Stage to the end of Key Stage 4 (including SATs and GCSEs). The curriculum is enhanced to take advantage of the locality.
Unique wildlife, negligible pollution, low crime rates, the absence of traffic jams, a varied social calendar and the close proximity of South America and Antarctica characterise this community.
Our well established Primary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Early Years Teacher to start in January 2018, or sooner. The successful candidate will join a dedicated and dynamic team. Applicants for the posts will have up-to-date knowledge and experience within the Early Years Foundation Stage. The successful candidate appointed to the classroom teaching position will work in our 320 pupil school, situated in the capital, Stanley.
We are seeking to recruit a Teacher who:
- is a graduate with qualified teacher status (primary) who has successfully completed their induction year and preferably has at least 3 years' proven teaching experience in a UK setting
- can demonstrate thorough and up to date knowledge of the EYFS framework
- is focused on helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
- is passionate and committed to high quality early years education
- has experience in more than one key stage in the primary age range and knowledge of the National Curriculum for England
- is committed to differentiation and SEN inclusive practice
- can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
- can work within and contribute to coaching and mentoring environment
- has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams
- possesses secure IT skills and has good IWB knowledge
- is able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities
We will provide:
- enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- a stimulating and supportive team teaching environment
- detailed information concerning the life in Falkland Islands
- basic salary up to £37,980 (for 5+ years’ experience)
- low rates of income tax
- 25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- airfares for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as mid-contract return flights
- a relocation grant
- accommodation to rent
- free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- fixed term contracts of 2 years in the first instance
Interviews will be held on the 19th and 20th of October by telephone/Skype. More details about an interview task and opportunity to share video clips of teaching practice will be provided to shortlisted teachers.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in our care. All applicants must agree to a criminal records check being completed.
School Website: http://www.fig.gov.fk/ijs/
For more information please contact the School Secretary on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 00 500 27294 or Fax: 00 500 27295 stating the post you are interested in.