Orchards C of E Primary and Nursery School
(a part of the Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust)
is seeking to appoint a
Early Years Class Teacher
Required September 2018
DEMAT and Orchards C of E Primary and Nursery School are looking to appoint an Early Years Class Teacher.
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated qualified teacher to join our happy and committed team. Ideally, we are looking for a September start date. We are a flexible team and have a number of job shares which work well, so this role would suit a full or part time applicant.
The person appointed will:
· Have exemplary classroom practice, with a proven track record teaching or training in EYFS.
· Support all aspects of the school’s work, including its strong Christian ethos.
· Have a strong commitment to raising pupil achievement across the curriculum.
· Have a passion for engaging children’s learning within a rich and stimulating setting.
· Be an active member of the staff team and share in the development of our school.
· Demonstrate determination to meet the needs of all pupils.
· Have a commitment to continually improving their own teaching and to whole-school improvement.
· Work co-operatively with colleagues, children, parents, governors, and outside agencies.
· Be flexible, adaptable, confident, enthusiastic, and resilient.
· Reflect on their practice and lead by example.
· Join our team in leading or supporting community events including Wisbech Reads, Time Credits, Summer Fair and extended school activities.
We can offer you lots in return:
· Children who have good learning behaviour and are developing a growth mind-set.
· Support of the Wellbeing Team, a pastoral unit which supports children with SEMH needs.
· A whole school commitment to personalised CPD including coaching from our Lead Practitioners.
· A well-presented and resourced school with a good range of outside spaces catering for children from Nursery to Y6.
· A friendly and welcoming school community which thrives within the Christian ethos.
· A community that has a real sense of pride in all achievements.
· Exciting opportunities to make a real difference to children’s lives in challenging circumstances.
Orchards Church of England Primary and Nursery School is on a journey and is an exciting place to work and learn. This is an opportunity to get involved in real, measurable school improvement. If you are ready to make a difference... come and have a look!
To visit the school or for more information please call Jenny Ormiston on 01945 583799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our school website/ Facebook page.
A copy of the application is also available on the school website:
Closing date: Wednesday 16th May 2018 (12.00pm)
Interviews: Monday 21st May 2018
We would like to advise if you have not heard from us by 18th May 2018 then on this occasion you have not been successful in securing an interview and that due to the large volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to every applicant. We would like to thank you for your interest in working with us, and if you do not receive an interview this time please do not let this stop you applying for further posts advertised across DEMAT in the future.
The Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust (DEMAT) is an equal opportunities employer and employs suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any appointments will be subject to satisfactory medical checks, references and an enhanced DBS check.