Contract: 2 year fixed term
Are you an inspirational teacher looking to join a well-established, family friendly primary school and be part of a successful and highly skilled team? St. Michael’s International School in Japan is looking for an excellent Early Years teacher to join the team from August 2016. We welcome applications from enthusiastic and reflective professionals who have a passion for teaching and learning and who are looking for a senior leadership opportunity in a successful international primary school. St. MIchael’s is a great school to embark on your international school career.
Successful candidates will be familiar with the UK Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and ideally the International Primary Curriculum. You will be an excellent communicator and strong team player, who gets on well with colleagues, students and parents. Amongst other things, you will be confident in using technology to maximise learning, be well organised, have a good sense of humour and a commitment to delivering high quality practice and teaching that make a difference on a daily basis to children’s outcomes.
Our newly renovated Early Years Unit provides a stimulating and nurturing learning environment where children between the ages of three to five years of age progress through the two year Early Years Curriculum in one setting with core staff. This allows us to foster the emotional security of the children and for them to develop familiar routines, build relationships and confidence that will prepare them for a successful transition into Year One. The new coordinator will build on the firm foundation which has already been established and have the vision to further develop the Early Years Unit as a centre of excellence. They will also contribute to the whole school as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
St. Michael’s International School is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Council of International Schools (CIS). We are members of Japan Council of International Schools (JCIS) East Asia Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS) and an associate member of Council of British International Schools (COBIS)
At St. Michael’s International School we are a close knit team and proud of our school and community. We have 159 pupils from Nursery up to Year 6, with families representing 27 nationalities. The language of instruction and shared playground language is English. We are the only British curriculum school in the Kansai region. Located in a vibrant and international city, Kobe regularly comes up ‘Number One’ in expatriate rankings of the best place to live in Japan. The excellent reputation of our school is well established both at home and abroad, spanning a period of 70 years. Come and join us!
For further information please go to www.smis.org
How To Apply:
Applications should be made direct to the school electronically using: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up to date CV.
- Contact details of two professional referees, one of whom should be your current Head of School.
- Letter of application outlining your teaching strengths, why you are suited to working internationally and why you want to join the team at St. Michael's International School.
- Successful candidates will be asked to provide identity verification, original copies of qualifications and an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and barring Service) check or national equivalent (criminal record check.)
- Each applicant will receive an email response confirming their application.
- Shortlisting will take place by 1st February 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates contacted by email by 10th February 2018.
- Selection activities followed by Skype interviews will take place by 10th February 2018.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th January 2018