St Ann’s School, Redbank Plains, is a Brisbane Catholic Education school which opened in January 2020. The school is located 35 minutes southwest of the Brisbane CBD between Ipswich and Springfield Lakes. Commencing in 2020 with approximately 100 students from Prep to Year 3, it is anticipated the school will grow to over 500 students by 2025, with Prep to Year 6.
St Ann's has committed to developing authentic leadership opportunities for our staff. The Early Years Coordinator is seen as a stepping stone into future leadership opportunities and will suit a highly motivated and energetic educator.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking two Early Years Coordinators to support the engagement, learning progress and achievement of students in our school. These are exciting roles for an experienced teacher who is looking to transition into a leadership role in the future:
• Early Years Coordinator – Prep (3 stream)
• Early Years Coordinator – Years 1 and 2 (2 stream - 4 classes)
The positions are full-time continuing teaching appointments, with an initial three-year appointment as the Early Years Coordinator. The positions will then be advertised internally to the school's teaching staff which could lead to an additional 3 year appointment.
In this key position, you will enhance teacher capacity and effectiveness by modelling high-quality teaching and learning across your Year Level/s and provide professional learning and collaboration. You will demonstrate a commitment to ensuring improved educational outcomes for students and continuous school improvement in line with system strategies.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support teachers to monitor each student’s progress using data
• Provide feedback and support to teachers with classroom pedagogy and planning
• Lead and coordinate curriculum implementation and development of pedagogy and assessment skills
• Ensure effective teaching and improved achievement across all curriculum areas
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum 5 years teaching experience
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum and the Early Years Framework
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven organisational skills
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Mr Sonny Smith
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3432 3400
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26-Jul-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education