This role involves working under the leadership of the class teachers supporting the teaching and learning of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to pupils of all abilities. The role is offered as follows:
- To start as soon as possible and until 20th July 2018, with the possibility of being extended.
- Term time only plus Inset training days, i.e. 39 weeks per year.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays each week.
- 12hrs. per week, (8.45a.m. to 3.30p.m. inc. 45min. lunch break each day).
- Salary is based on current APT&C pay scale Range A1, scale 2, pt. 11 to 13 depending on experience. Approx. pro rata / actual salary £5,600p.a.
Visits to the School to meet the Head, children and staff can be arranged by calling the School on 020-8969 5566.
To apply please complete the Catholic Education Service application forms, available on-line: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/recruitment-process/item/1000042-application-forms or in hard copy from the School office.
Your application should demonstrate and include evidence of:
- A significant interest in supporting the learning of EYFS pupils.
- Ability to work with and under the leadership and guidance of class teachers, senior Early Years Educator, working as part of a team and as well as the ability to work independently.
- Previous experience working with children in a formal capacity, being a positive role model and demonstrating a constructive, caring and energetic approach to the education and care children would be an advantage
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths, (grade A* to C or 9 to 4). Copies of your GCSE certificates must be included with your application, and the originals available at interview. Applications are welcome from candidates who also have ‘A’ levels or a degree.
Completed application forms must be signed and returned to the School in hard copy by midday on Tuesday, 16th January 2018. You will be contacted if your application is successful and interviews will be held soon after the closing date.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, requires successful enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance and is subject to employment references, identity and safeguarding checks and a one term probationary period. A copy of the current Safeguarding Policy is available on the School’s website or on request.
St. Charles Catholic Primary School,
83 St. Charles Square,
London W10 6EB
Tel.: 020-8969 5566
Fax.: 020-8960 4338
Head: Ann Slavin
Deputy: Tony Lynch
Asst. Head: Marily Troyano