The Headteacher and Governors at Leighton Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced Early Years Practitioner to work in our Early Years Foundation Unit. The successful candidate will complement the high standard of provision and pedagogy within the Early Years Unit and be central to building upon our current achievements.
The HLTA role will involve planning, preparing and delivering lessons and group tasks under the direction of the Reception Phase Leader. The HLTA will cover both the Phase leader and the Class teacher when needed. Central to the HLTA role at Leighton, will be supporting both class teachers in the monitoring, assessing and recording of children’s achievement.
We are an ambitious school and are keen to recruit only the very best candidates to join our strong team of teachers and support staff.
Successful candidates must have experience of working within the early years and be knowledgeable with the Early Years curriculum. Experience of teaching whole class lessons is essential and ideally we would want the candidate to have nursery nurse or equivalent early years qualifications. As a school we will support the successful candidate in completing the HLTA qualification training.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A real passion for the social, emotional and academic development of the youngest children in our school
- Teaching experience within the Early Years with proven Good outcomes for children.
- The ability to plan lessons/group activities and prepare resources for a range of abilities under the guidance and support of the Phase Leader.
High expectations for the achievements of children in the Early Years with a commitment to raising their educational achievement.
- The ability to make effective ongoing assessments of the progress and achievements made by the Reception children
- Experience of delivering specific early years based intervention programmes with evidence of Good impact.
- Good whole class behaviour management and is able to motivate and engage the children in their learning.
- Flexibility and be prepared to cover classes within the Reception unit and possibly KS1.
- Effective communication with the Phase leader and the Class Teacher and support staff to feedback the progress and learning made by the children.
- Motivation to develop their own teaching skills and Early Years’ experience through taking on professional CPD training and working alongside teachers across the EYFS unit.
- The ability to manage other TAs in the class to support identified groups of children.
- Successful relationships with parents.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work as part of a supportive and strong team of teachers and support staff.
- Individualised professional development with access to high quality training.
- Regular allocated weekly PPA time.
- Children who thrive and are enthusiastic learners, displaying high standards of behaviour.
- A driven, ambitious and supportive Leadership team who support a healthy work life balance.
- A vibrant and happy school where children are at the centre of our thinking and vision for school improvement.
Visits to our school and with the Headteacher and Reception Phase Leader are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Charlotte Neville (PA to the Headteacher) to arrange.
For further information about our school and to download an application pack please visit our website:
Leighton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to DBS clearance check and 2 positive references.
Leighton Primary School
Orton Malborne Peterborough
Cambs PE2 5PL
Headteacher: Mrs Hayley Sutton
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 18th April 2018
Interview Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018