Early Years Nursery Practitioner
Apply by: Midday on the 04/06/2018
Interviews: Week commencing 11/06/2018
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £16,755 (Grade 15, Somerset Spine 9 – 15)
Contract type: 4 days a week - 08:00-18:00, plus additional hours when required.
Contract term: Permanent
North Town Nursery are currently recruiting for an Early Years Nursery Practitioner to work within a fantastic day nursery in the centre of Taunton. The successful applicant will assist in providing high quality care, providing an exciting environment where the children want to learn, and plan and deliver stimulating activities. There will also be opportunities for professional development.
All applicants should have a relevant Level 3 Early Years Qualification and have a strong desire to work with, and care for children. They should be kind, enthusiastic, patient and able to work in harmony with other like-minded people to provide children with the best possible learning opportunities, within a safe, stimulating and happy environment.
North Town Nursery provides high quality care and education for 28 children (FTE) aged 2-4, open 49 weeks of the year from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- passionate about children’s development, learning and wellbeing.
- able to work within a caring and energetic team.
- able to follow all safeguarding policies and procedures of the nursery.
- able to maintain high levels of interaction and engagement with our children
- able to use own initiative.
- able to maintain the fantastic relationship we have with our parents and families.
General information and benefits:
- 4 days a week - 08:00-18:00. Additional hours maybe requested when the nursery requires holiday and sickness cover.
- 23 days holiday per year (pro-rata), excluding bank holidays.
- Career progression opportunities.
- All successful candidates will need to be compliant with the nurseries requirements of reference checks and provide at least 2 satisfactory references.
Application packs are available on our website www.northtownschool.org.uk or by emailing NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk. Please contact the nursery office for paper copies.
Completed applications should be sent to NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk. Applications received that do not contain a fully completed application form will not be considered.
We are committed to safeguarding and this post requires an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). It is the schools policy to obtain references in advance of an interview. Candidates who do not wish for a reference to be taken in advance will not be short-listed for interview.