We are looking for an inspiring and talented Early Years Practitioner to work closely with the class teachers at Harris Primary Academy Benson. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and want the very best for our pupils. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
Harris Academy Benson is a primary academy for local children. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school. Whatever a child’s background or starting point, we want to make sure that they finish Year 6 with the academic skills, social skills and knowledge necessary to succeed. Every lesson at our school is creative and there is plenty of time for children to think, to play, to discover and wonder.
You will be energetic and enthusiastic about improving the learning of all children, using effective strategies to engage and motivate them. You should hold an NVQ3 or NNEB qualification or equivalent in Early Years and Childcare.
The successful candidate will be required:
- To work to support the learning of children in the early years classes, including undertaking occasional class cover as directed.
- To work under the direction of a Head Teacher and the class teacher to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals, groups and whole classes of children;
- To work under the direction of the class teacher setting up and developing learning opportunities in the indoor and outdoor classrooms
- To play a full part in the early years team including monitoring and assessing pupils progress and reporting on their progress.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Benson?
- A supportive team of enthusiastic colleagues
- A relaxed and comfortable school, where pupils know that good behaviour is expected of them
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
The academy works within the wider Harris Federation of schools, a supportive and highly successful group of academies all based in and around London. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For a confidential discussion about this post with the Principal, or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Jayne Carter on 0208 777 1572 or J.Carter@harrisprimarybenson.org.uk.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.