EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER
Are you passionate about childcare and looking for something varied, interesting and challenging?
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Early Years Practitioner at Park Hill School and Nursery, based in Kingston, Surrey.
The nursery at Park Hill School has an excellent staff to child ratio, allowing every child to receive an appropriate level of individual care and attention. By following the Early Years Foundation stage framework, the children can take part in a variety of activities each day. Park Hill Nursery provides a warm, safe environment for children, where they can create beautiful memories that they can carry forward throughout their education. They are taught to be considerate of others, thoughtful and self-assured.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week all year round (51 weeks).
What the role involves:
• Creating a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all children.
• Supervising and supporting children at all times.
• Sharing responsibility for the welfare of all children in your designated room or group.
• Remaining vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately- in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
• Being fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
• Interacting warmly with children and parents, supporting colleagues to fulfil their key person responsibilities.
• Reflecting on your practice and daily routines and share ideas for improvement with your group members.
• Contributing to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities, helping to ensure rooms are well-resourced and creatively set-up.
• Contributing to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development, helping to ensure records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively.
• Providing feedback and work in partnership with key parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication, and involvement in nursery life.
We’re looking for:
• An experienced practitioner with a Level 3 early years qualification.
• Good GCSE results (A-C in English and Maths preferred)
• Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
• An organised, supportive personality.
• A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
• Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
• A sense of humour, common sense and a "can do" attitude
• Strong attention to detail.
What we offer:
• A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
• Competitive salary
• Further on the job training
• Day to day support from a strong management team
• Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
Park Hill, part of Inspired Learning Group, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a company, please apply now!
The company does not wish to be contacted by agencies.