· Planning, implementing, assessing and evaluating the nursery curriculum (Curriculum for Excellence) for all the children.
· Assessing children’s development and evaluating and developing next steps ensuring children are engaged and motivated to learn.
· Observing, listening and interacting with children in order to support their learning.
· Contributing to record keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
· Creating a supportive, nurturing environment in which the children are encouraged and supported to develop their self-esteem and self-confidence.
· Attending to the care and health and safety needs of the children and recording appropriately.
· Planning on a weekly basis with the nursery staff and attending weekly staff meetings.
· Participating in all aspects of team work within the nursery, including preparation and care of resources, supervising and supporting students, preparing, supervising and supporting at snack and lunchtimes and ensuring cleanliness and maintenance of nursery equipment.
· Leading circle time, music, craft, baking and story time activities.
· Supervising toilet and tooth brushing routines and changing children if necessary.
· Recording information from parents and informing the nursery manager.
· Communicating effectively with children, parents, staff and other professionals, verbally, non-verbally and in written form.
· Collaborating and working in partnership with parents and professionals regarding the children’s learning and development.
· Attending in-service training courses as appropriate and keeping up-to-date with current theory and practice through continuing professional development.
36 hours per week, term time only; 8am to 3pm Monday to Friday, with an additional hour for a staff meeting.
From time to time, there may also be opportunities for the successful candidate to work in our very successful holiday club.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary for this position is £19,666.20.
The successful candidate will be automatically enrolled into the school’s support staff pension scheme, but will have the right to opt out. Staff with dependents attending the school will be eligible for a 40% remission on school fees (or pro-rate for part time staff). St Margaret’s has an Employee Assistance programme which offers free and confidential advice on both work and personal issues.