POSITION: EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER
LOCATION: Collingwood School, part of the Inspired Learning Group
HOURS: 20 Per Week, Part Time, Temp to Perm, Term Time
Are you passionate about childcare and looking for something varied, interesting and challenging?
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Early Years Practitioner at Collingwood School and Nursery, based in Wallington, Surrey.
Collingwood School is a warm and welcoming preparatory school for children aged 3-11 where we encourage care, courtesy and consideration towards each other. The school and nursery, located in Wallington in the London Borough of Sutton, was founded in 1929 as a Boys’ School and was constituted as an Educational Trust in 1978. The school became co-educational in September 1991. Since November 2019, it has come under the ownership of Inspired Learning Group of preparatory schools.
This is a temp to perm, part-time opportunity working 20 hours per week in a lovely setting.
What the role involves:
- Creating a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all children.
- Supervising and supporting children at all times.
- Sharing responsibility for the welfare of all children in your designated room or group.
- Remaining vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately- in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policie
- Being fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Interacting warmly with children and parents, supporting colleagues to fulfil their key person responsibilities.
- Reflecting on your practice and daily routines and share ideas for improvement with your group members.
- Contributing to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities, helping to ensure rooms are well-resourced and creatively set-up.
- Contributing to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development, helping to ensure records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively.
- Providing feedback and work in partnership with key parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication, and involvement in nursery life.
We’re looking for:
- An experienced practitioner with a Level 3 early years qualification.
- Good GCSE results (A-C in English and Maths preferred)
- Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
- An organised, supportive personality.
- A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
- A sense of humour, common sense and a "can do" attitude
- Strong attention to detail.
What we offer:
- A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
- Competitive salary
- Further on the job training
- Day to day support from a strong management team
- Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
Collingwood School part of Inspired Learning Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a company, please apply now!