Hurlingham School is seeking a highly motivated, qualified Early Years Practitioner to inspire children in our outstanding, nurturing and dynamic environment for 2 to 4 year olds in Putney.
Our practice not only covers all aspects of the Early Years’ Foundation Stage comprehensively, but also goes far beyond it. At Hurlingham Nursery, we ensure pupils are ready to embrace each and every opportunity that will come their way during future years in our linked preparatory school. Children learn primarily through play, enjoying a combination of teacher-initiated and child-led activities. Our stimulating and caring environment ensures children feel secure and valued. This exceptionally friendly and nurturing setting makes the transition from home to school as easy as possible. Our four most important points of focus in the nursery and pre-school years are socialisation, confidence, literacy and numeracy. Experience of a childcare setting and/or Forest School environment, with linked training would be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Preparing lessons and activities , as appropriate, taking into account the children’s needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge.
2. Following clear learning objectives for each activity and specifying how these will be undertaken to ensure maximal progression in pupils’ development.
3. Ensuring the learning needs of the whole class are met by providing suitable activities for each child, whatever their interests, needs, developed competencies and prior experiences might be.
4. Providing a safe, secure and well-organised environment that encourages the development of children as independent learners and considerate members of the school community.
5. Building and maintaining positive relationships with parents.