Early Years/Primary Class Teacher
Al Rabeeh Primary School is seeking enthusiastic and adaptable quality classroom practioners with the possibility of middle leadership roles, either as a Grade, Subject or Phase Leader to start January 2017 and August 2017. Al Rabeeh School (NOR 850) is a large, well established Primary School, which has its own purpose built site. The school was judged to be a Band A school in the recent inspection. Al Rabeeh School follows the 2014 National Curriculum for England, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers. There is a well structured leadership ladder with good opportunities for internal promotion. Al Rabeeh School has a supportive and collegial teaching environment and supportive leadership team as identified in the recent ADEC inspection. There is a strong sense of community that enables children to achieve their best, spiritually, morally, socially, intellectually and physically. Candidates should have a genuine commitment to child initiated and active learning, putting children first and ensuring that they are challenged as individuals. The successful candidates will be highly commited team players with the drive, energy and passion to develop Al Rabeeh School. Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the School’s pastoral care and extra curricular activities programme. Successful applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh School, a school with a high population of Emitati/Arab students. The successful candidate must be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
Applicants must be qualified to teach in UK schools, have recent experience of the National Curriculum for England and have at least two years teaching experience, preferably within a UK curriculum based school. QTS & Fluent English speakers only.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the 2014 English National Curriculum at EYFS/Primary level and current assessment practices
- Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education in a range of subjects and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
- Experience of current UK initiatives and developments would be advantageous
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ student
- Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, Target Setting, Assessment, Recording & Reporting (preferable)
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Free accommodation (your own furnished 1 bedroom apartment, plus utilities)
- Annual return air ticket / allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter which includes an outline of your curricular strengths and photograph to the Principal, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark subject area in your email response with your full name and teaching position applied for. Closing date for applications is Friday 30th December 2016, but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For additional information about Al Rabeeh School please visit our school website www.alrabeeh.sch.ae