Newton College is a prestigious, pioneering school in Lima, Peru with outstanding facilities (www.newton.edu.pe). In addition to our Lima campus, we own a large plot of land in the Amazon Rainforest with a study centre for secondary and university students.
We introduced the International Baccalaureate curriculum to Peru: in 1987 we started delivering the Diploma Programme, in 2003 the Primary Years Programme and in 2019 we were authorized to deliver the Middle Years Programme.
We offer a broad and balanced bilingual curriculum where all subjects have equal status. For example, we give equal weighting to the arts and sciences, physical education and mathematics, design and humanities. Up to year 2 50% of the curriculum is delivered in English and the other 50% in Spanish; as from Year 3 a larger percentage is taught in English. In addition, we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities: various sports, Model United Nations, debating, drama and dance are amongst the most popular.
In addition to cognitive growth, we nurture our pupils’ emotional and social growth, fostering our school values – respect, integrity, commitment and empathy – in a safe and secure environment. The IB Learner Profile and education for sustainable development are guiding principles of our curriculum.
We are members of the Latin American Heads Conference (www.lahc.net ) and one of the eight schools that belong to GAIL - the Global Alliance for Innovative learning (www.gailschools.org ). Our graduates continue their studies in the best universities in Peru and throughout the world. Our former student, Kerstin Forsberg, has just been named one of Fortune Magazine’s 50 Greatest World Leaders (http://fortune.com/worlds-greatest-leaders/).
For February 2020 we are looking for a dynamic and caring Kindergarten teacher:
• Experience of teaching children aged 4-6
• Expert classroom practice
• Knowledge of the IB Primary Years Programme
• A passionate interest In the holistic growth of young pupils
• A commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Global mindedness and intercultural respect
• Self-management and organizational skills
• A commitment to collaborative planning
• A growth mind-set
• An initial two-year contract with flights to and from country of residence
• A highly competitive salary paid in American dollars
• Baggage, settling-in and Spanish tuition allowances
• Private medical insurance and remission on school fees
• Excellent internal and external professional development
• A very collaborative and collegial work climate
Applicants should send an updated CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
The names of three referees must be provided, including current employer. Shortlisted candidates will need to produce a police clearance certificate for every country in which they have worked.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 11th November, 2019.