About the French International School
Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the two primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other is a brand new campus by the sea in Tseung Kwan O.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1800 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 900 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
For more information about FIS, please refer to www.fis.edu.hk. For information about the International Primary, please refer to Lower primary and Upper primary
Early Years Teacher
● Full-time 27 hours per week
● Starting mid-August 2021
International Stream Job Outline
An exciting opportunity has arisen to teach in the international primary at FIS. We are seeking inspirational and energetic early years teachers to teach our early years provision at Tseung Kwan O (TKO) or Jardine’s Lookout (JL) Campus, in the International Primary Stream. You will work alongside other Early Years teachers to deliver the IEYC curriculum. The successful candidates will have a proven track record of academic success, innovation and development throughout their career.
We are seeking teachers who will:
● Have a deep knowledge and experience of the EYFS
● Hopefully have some knowledge or experience of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) /International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC);
● Be well qualified with an internationally accepted Early Years degree and teaching qualification;
● Be a dynamic, forward-looking professional with the experience and skills to contribute to the primary school;
● Be an outstanding teacher who is passionate about learning and teaching and sets high expectations for every student;
● Be able to work collaboratively with a team of teachers;
● Be internationally-minded and culturally sensitive;
● Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
● Experience/knowledge of bilingual teaching and learning;
● Basic knowledge of French would be an advantage;
Please send a CV only and a letter of intent explaining your philosophy of education to email@example.com. Please send your application by 09 March 2021. Early applications are recommended as the School reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline should a suitable candidate present him or herself. Address your application to Mr. Ian Clayton, Head of the International Stream/Deputy Head of FIS.
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.
The French International School - Jardine’s Lookout
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 12 years
About the French International School
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational i...