The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Starting the 1st of December, we have a job opening for an:
Early Years Teacher
- Fully qualified teacher status for early years / primary education in the country the qualification is obtained (for UK/Ireland/Scotland: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed – or are exempt from – the statutory induction period)
- Fluent in English
- Experience in meeting the individual needs of the children from 4-6 through child-initiated inquiry learning, through play
- Experience in working with EAL pupils
- Experience in international or intercultural education
- Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
- Being innovative and versatile with good organizational skills
- Active contribution to school development in general
- Excellent social and communicative skills
- Willingness to learn Dutch
- Willingness to settle in or near the vicinity of The Hague
- Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education on the relevant pay scale. The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and experience.
- A permanent contract subject to the recognition of teaching qualifications by the Dutch authorities and after a successful completion of a year probationary period
- An attractive relocation package with HR assistance
- Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants are required to complete our job application form, and upload a CV and supporting statement to their application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School The Hague. Deadline for applications: 29 September, 2019
Applicants who have passed the selection procedure will be invited to an interview on the 8th of October, 2019. The interview will either be in-person or via Skype, depending on the applicant’s location. Applicants who are successful in the interview will be invited to a trial lesson and final interview at the ESH on the 15th of October, 2019.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl.
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
For questions and/or further information, please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com.