THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF EUROPE (Kiddy English) is seeking to appoint an Early Years Teacher to join us in September 2021.
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible and interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype.
Kiddy English, a member of the International School of Europe group, which has been providing excellence in International Education for students in Milan and throughout Italy since 1957 is now a member of the Inspired Global Group of International Schools.
Kiddy English offers outstanding and innovative international education and care within a full immersion English setting for children from two to six years. We offer a curriculum that is child initiated and teacher framed and is grounded firmly in the expressive arts and creative thinking. We therefore consider teachers to be co-constructors of knowledge, able to support and guide the children in their learning experiences.
Our host city
We are located in the heart of Milan which has long been considered the dynamo of the Italian economy and the country’s most cosmopolitan and forward-looking city. Located near the heart of Europe, it is extremely well-connected with three major airports and easy road and rail inks across the country and the continent. Although Milan is a busy commercial centre, the artistic and cultural heritage of Italy is prominent, from galleries and theatres, to its fame as a global focus for fashion, design, nightlife, cuisine and lifestyle. There is a history of sporting excellence and its location near the mountains, lakes and the Mediterranean Sea make it ideal for sporting activities as well as its renowned professional teams.
We are seeking to appoint an Early Years Teacher to join the team. The brief is to work as part of a supportive and innovative pre school and knowledge of the EYFS and the Reggio Emilia approach would be a distinct advantage. The ideal candidate would be interested in supporting the work of the school through excellent classroom practice.
Essential qualifications for ISE applicants:
A three or four year degree BA in Early Childhood Education and Care or B.ED Early Years Education
B.Ed in Primary Education with specialisation in Early Years and where age group is clearly stated on certification B.Ed Primary (3-11).
Alternatively Undergraduate Degree and PGCE/PGDE (Early years focus)
-Colleagues should also:
• Be an English mother tongue speaker
• Preferably have experience within an international, bilingual or multilingual context.
• Be enthusiastic and passionate teachers/leaders. A love of the subject and the ability to convey this successfully to students is essential.
• Be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
If you are highly-motivated and constructive team player with high expectations, enthusiasm, excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humour, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Why work with us?
• A school ethos based on community and internationalism that holds the child at its centre
• A well-organised, stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environment conducive to learning.
• Professional development during employment
• A competitive salary
• Support settling into Italy with our Relocation Agents
• 75% discount on tuition fees for teachers’ children
More information about the school can be found on our website at: https://www.internationalschoolofeurope.it/our-schools/ise-kiddy-english
The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (https://inspirededu.com), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of three referees (within the box provided), one of which must be supervisor from current/most recent appointment.
If there are any questions please feel free to contact Ms Mimosa Cardin, the Head of School at email@example.com
The person appointed will be expected to start work for induction in August 2021, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.
The International School of Europe Kiddy English
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Early Years
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 6 years