With recognition that the staff at Bromsgrove School Mission Hills (BMH) are the school’s most valuable resource, we are seeking to appoint an exemplary Pre School Teacher to build positive relationships with students, deliver our dynamic play-based programme as well as a team of experienced Early Childhood Educators from around the world from August 2022, to build an engaging learning environment and exceptional outcomes for students.
BMH, partnered with Bromsgrove School in England, is an innovative bilingual school following a blended, inquiry-based curriculum including elements of Chinese and Western pedagogies. As such, the successful candidate will be expected to be creative in their approach to curriculum development and implementation, to support the cognitive and social benefits of bilingualism and display an open-minded and respectful mindset to multiculturalism within our Chinese context.
The successful candidate will possess personal and professional qualities that lend themselves to excellence in collaboration and communication and will work well in a large team of educators with a wide range of experiences. The candidate will have a love for teaching and learning in the Early Years and a deep understanding of child-development and the benefits of play-based learning; knowledge of play and inquiry-based programmes including IB, Reggio Emilia and EYFS is preferred.
In fulfilling requirements of the post, you will demonstrate essential professional characteristics and in particular will:
• Create outstanding and engaging play-based learning environments
• Build strong routines for young children to enhance their sense of well-being and belonging
• Engage wholeheartedly in parent communication and offer opportunities for parents to engage in learning
• Document learning to value children’s achievements, celebrate successes and plan for next steps
Some key roles and responsibilities of the post will include:
• Coplanning, coassessing and codelivering the BMH Pre School Curriculum to your class
• Developing engaging and developmentally appropriate Inquiry Units within our established Programme of Inquiry
• Delivering regular language learning opportunities through a range of strategies
• Creating meaningful links between different areas of the curriculum within each Inquiry Unit to make learning relevant, engaging and interconnected for our young learners
• Managing daily routines including playtimes and transitions
• Undertaking CoCurricular Activities to enrich student learning
Bromsgrove School Mission Hills Description:
Mission: To empower students to pursue excellence in its many forms and acquire the skills necessary to become critical thinking, self-actualised problems solvers and compassionate global citizens.
At Bromsgrove School Mission Hills, we are committed to building a pre-eminent school. Our programme is unique, with a blend of best practice from both East and West, focusing on the wide benefits of bilingualism and remaining , always, focused on success for the child and open-minded to innovative approaches to achieving this success. Our partnership with Bromsgrove School, UK, brings the depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge a historically successful school affords, elevated with the passion and pioneering spirit of a newly established school. Accepting both Nationals and International passport holders, we teach international mindedness with a focus on learning about the culture of our host nation to grow understanding about other cultures in our community and around the world. The Pre School campus is self-contained and includes varied outdoor learning spaces, large classrooms with mezzanines and lots of natural light, specialist rooms and multipurpose spaces.
The school is nestled on the edge of the lush oasis of the Mission Hills resort, the largest Golf Resort in the world, with green spaces available for students and staff in which to learn and play, amenities and entertainment options a few minutes walk away, an Eco Park and mountain trails nearby, beaches less than 1.5 hours away and Hong Kong Island just 2 hours from our door.
Along with your highly competitive salary, and the opportunity to live within the vibrant and verdant city of Shenzhen, you will enjoy the following benefits:
1. Competitive International School salary with annual gratuity;
2. Annual flight allowance for expatriates and family member;
3. One-time relocation allowance: airport pick-up provided;
4. Subsidy towards housing in the beautiful Mission Hills resort for expatriates and family members;
a) Free five-star hotel room provided while looking for accommodation;
b) Accommodation hunting translation assisted by school bilingual staff as needed.
5. Subsidy on school tuition fees for up to two children;
a) Subsidy application paperwork assisted by HR;
b) Admission procedure assistance provided.
6. International in-patient healthcare, personal accident insurance and out-patient allowance for expatriates and family members;
a) Medical trip arrangement available for teachers and family members;
b) Car service and translation assistance provided.
7. Fully paid holidays: Summer, Christmas, Chinese New Year and other national holidays; Professional Development opportunities;
8. Be entitled to elite Mission Hills Group benefits: access to Mission Hills facilities including school sports field, park, and nature trails, neighbouring resort swimming pool, some access to golf and tennis with staff discount.
Note: Work Permit and Residence Permit paperwork are carefully taken care of by HR and the costs are burned by school.
Please send your application to JasmineYao@bmh.education and include:
1. A full CV with photo: including email addresses and phone numbers of at least 3 referees- one of whom should be your current Head/ Director/ Supervisor;
2. A letter explaining what you would bring to the position if successful;
3. One page statement of educational philosophy.
Note: feel free to add HR person Jasmine on WeChat via 13682456157
Website and School Address:
1. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills: http://www.bromsgrove-mh.com/en-us/
2. Mission Hills Group: http: //missionhillschina.com
3. BMH is located in No.8 Mission Hills Rd, Longhua, Shenzhen, China.
Please note this position is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills (BMH) is committed to equality and diversity. BMH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.